Potterton Suprima 80 requires resetting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an intermittent problem with my boiler and as many of my neighbours have experienced the same problem I\\\'d like to know whether it is a known fault. We all have Potterton Suprima 80 boilers and occasionally the boiler fails to fire and the reset light starts flashing. The problem is sometimes resolved by pressing the reset button just the once, but sometimes every restart just results in the same problem and you have to press reset again.

There doesn\\\'t seem to be any pattern to the failures, but it does seem to be widespread as I know of 3 neighbours who experience the same thing.

I had the boiler serviced last year and it was in good repair.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
:idea: the problem with the suprima 9 times out of 10 is the printed curcit board the latest board comes with all new wiring looms to rewire the boiler it is the mark 3 board
and if it is for the suprima 80 and is pre 1998 or 1999 then there is also
a further part that is needed to fit pcb ps also costs a arm and a leg :eek:but dus come with a long guarantee

Sponsored Links
if it is for the suprima 80 and is pre 1998 or 1999 then there is also
a further part that is needed

You mean the flow switch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back