Servis not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Servis washing machine won\\\'t begin its cycle. The power seems fine and the light is on. Normally you hear a double click before it begins the cycle but this is no longer the case. Can anyone help?

Cheers
Del :confused:

Sponsored Links
What is the model number? Does it still lock the door?

The model number is M3510S. The door seems to close ok. It doesn't lock because it isn't beginning its cycle. If it were working normally it would lock as soon as the cycle began.

Cheers
Del

It might be a faulty door switch but these machines can give these symptoms when the circuit board, part number 546021401 fails. It is possible to eliminate the door switch by joining it's L and C wires together but remember to unplug the machine first. If it still behaves the same with the doorswitch bypassed you probably need a new circuit board. It is worth removing the board for inspection. It's in a plastic box inside the back of the machine

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info Fido. I'm not that technically minded but at least I have a rough idea what could be wrong. I'll likely get someone who knows what they're doing to have a look.

Any idea how much a repair would cost? Or am I as well looking for a new machine?

Cheers
Del

If it is just the door switch it should not cost too much to get a new one fitted. There are firms that supply recon. exchange circuit boards that often work out about half the price of a new board. If you get someone in to look at the machine you could ask them about this option.

Thanks again Fido. That info has been very helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back