how to identify roll-top radiator manufacturer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got roll-top radiators throughout my house, I want to find out the maker so I can find out the water content to calculate inhibitor and because I want to find out the BTU size to see if they are sized appropriatly for each room.

My googling has found that Myson make roll-tops, just wondering if they were a myson only design? I can't see any manufacturer stamps on the ones i've got.

Sponsored Links
you are being far too accurate for your own good, as for inhibitor, stick 1 ltr in a normal house and 2 ltrs in a big house, as for btu's, most are very similar so measure the rad and check it out against a manufacturers spec sheet

PlumbCenter sell there own brand and Quinn make round top rads

Sponsored Links
not sure i have too much time on my hands, but I do like to know how stuff works in as much detail as possible!

as far as inhibiter goes, i see you can get cheapo test kits to make sure you have the dosage right so I'll get one of those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back