Washing Machine slow at fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What cause's the slow fill on my washing machine? The initial fill fills up fast but the second fill after the spin cycle fills very slowly.. Any help will greatly be appreciated... Mike :( [/b]

Sponsored Links
I would imagiine that the first fill is a mixture of hot and cold and that it would be mostly hot. The secont rinse cycle fill is probably cold only, therefore I imagine the problem lies with the cold water supply. It might be your mains pressure (if your hot water is stored in a tank) or you may just have a kink or blockage in the cold supply pipe to the machine (this may be a blocked filter where the pipes connect to the machine).

i hate to say this, but i think you are wrong, Americans usually have cold wash, no hot. that is why we have this post

ahhh I see. sorry Mr american then. your problem beats me.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i hate to say this, but i think you are wrong, Americans usually have cold wash, no hot. that is why we have this post
Do we really need hot water in the UK or does it washes better with hot?

believe it or not a lot of research goes into "soap powder"
they are made for differnt applications.

you get some with a "flourescer" that give you the "whiter than white" look

some have enzymes (little "bugs" to you and me)

handwashing powder (foams a lot)

but all are designed to work with hot water

masona said:
breezer said:
Do we really need hot water in the UK or does it washes better with hot?

well to be exact you don't need hot water fill but it does make the time to takes to wash shorter and saves on electricity as the washer doesn't need to heat the water :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back