Combi-boiler & Mixer Tap Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of doing a refurb project and would like to include a shower as a selling/letting point.

I'm planning to use a bath mixer tap with shower take-off and a simple wall-mount.

Without a thermostatic valve, will I have a problem with varying water temperature running this off a combi?

Sponsored Links
Both hot and cold pressures are the same so the answer is no you shouldn't have a problem. :LOL:

ok if no other water taps or bog flush is used when shower is in use.
also incoming flow rate needs to be constant.
imagine you are showering and your partner turns on the cold water tap on kitchen sink to fill up kettle,then wash up a few cups etc,etc.
what you expect to happen to your shower experience ?

answers on a post card to ............

Thanks, I appreciate there'll be a problem if other taps etc. are on, I was wondering more if the output from a combi is otherwise constant/consistent enough.

Sponsored Links
The pressure may well be the same when no water is being drawn, but the combi has a flow restrictor which will reduce the hot pressure. You need to get a shower mixer which is compatible with a combi. It may be better to fit a separate wall-mounted mixer.

Thanks, that's useful.

Thinking about it, why would a non-thermostatic mixer shower be any different from taking it from a mixer tap? Surely a similar valve inside.

There isn't a mixer as such in a simple bath tap with shower arrangement. You just have the two taps. A combi-compatible shower mixer is designed to cope with this situation.

In which case my prospective purchaser/tenant will have to put up with an occasional scalding/freezing because I'm not forking out an extra £100+ and the associated hassle of burying pipes ... :D

If staying with a bath/shower mixer, choose a single lever mixer, which will be easier to control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back