Which Alarm

Used to be called the executive a loooong time ago, when thorn were around i think.

Used to supply manuals with classics and early g2/3 but not anymore
Blimey, had forgotten about the old Execs., I've got all the paperwork for the 250? & definitely for the 1000, advertising lit. as well, I'm sad!!!

Sponsored Links
Used to be called the executive a loooong time ago, when thorn were around i think.

Used to supply manuals with classics and early g2/3 but not anymore
Blimey, had forgotten about the old Execs., I've got all the paperwork for the 250? & definitely for the 1000, advertising lit. as well, I'm sad!!!

A blast from the past eh ;)

I've kept an old 9100 just for old time sake :oops: how sad is that!!

Joe, simple answer is you cant.

any galaxy installer should be going on training and would obtain manuals/info from there.

all systems have basic quick set-up sheets included in the panel.

Does anyone remember those Regalsafe jobs that you had to programme with an overlay and listen for 'clicks'?

Sponsored Links
Not so sad, I've still got one, now in its 3rd hse, 20/30yrs in total?

Has always done what I need & I've got spares of everything if needed, boxed & never used, it's still going strong.

I use it for a little more than a normal alarm. By using the plug on relay board it has been possible to use the relays for isolation of different things when the alarm is set/unset, it's amazing what can be done with a little thought.

Yes I know modern panels would be able to do what I have done plus a lot more, but remember I sorted out all of our needs before to days panels were ever thought of, & they still work, why change?

Never had a F/A in all this time, (& yes it does work, see next) battery is replaced on a regular basis & servicing is a doddle & done regularly.

If it aint broke, don't fix it, is my motto

Does anyone remember those Regalsafe jobs that you had to programme with an overlay and listen for 'clicks'?
Do you mean the 55s, 64s 125s etc, or something else?

Want the manuals?

Not so sad, I've still got one, now in its 3rd hse, 20/30yrs in total?

Has always done what I need & I've got spares of everything if needed, boxed & never used, it's still going strong.

I use it for a little more than a normal alarm. By using the plug on relay board it has been possible to use the relays for isolation of different things when the alarm is set/unset, it's amazing what can be done with a little thought.

Yes I know modern panels would be able to do what I have done plus a lot more, but remember I sorted out all of our needs before to days panels were ever thought of, & they still work, why change?

Never had a F/A in all this time, (& yes it does work, see next) battery is replaced on a regular basis & servicing is a doddle & done regularly.

If it aint broke, don't fix it, is my motto

A truly bullet proof panel!

agree on the flexability of the system using the relay board, still got one too somewhere.

Cant put a face to the name Regalsafe tbh, was this before the 9100??, never worked on anything key operated.

Same time as the 9100. I seem to remember their big customer was 'Computagard'.

Last house I had I put in a spare 9100 lying about with a few extras, as you do.
Now I have a G3-144 sitting there bored lifeless as I have not gone the whole hog on it yet.
Busmans holiday springs to mind lol

Last house I had I put in a spare 9100 lying about with a few extras, as you do.
Now I have a G3-144 sitting there bored lifeless as I have not gone the whole hog on it yet.
Busmans holiday springs to mind lol

i've got a 144 too (freebie), gonna swap the board for a gd-48, now prox is available on the touch centre, think honeywell took way to long on this one imo

poor OP, this thread has went way off topic :LOL:

Dont have any direct experience with Visonic Powermax systems, but have heard lots of good things about them.

recommendation from me would be the castle euro mini or galaxy 2-20/44. These are not diy systems so i would advocate these being installed professionally as there are no install/prog instructions.

good luck ;)

Visonic ticks all the boxes for me as a nice panel easy to use and reliable.
G2-12/20/44 excellent but a pro panel as mentioned. Most will not be able to programme it, as mentioned they are not suppled with manuals.

Just fitted a GD520 Dimension for a friend. Touch screen. ethernet. GSM. 12 Max readers for his access control. 2x sab/scb. 3 master blasters and 14 strobes. Together with a smoke cloak, if your going to do it do it big:p
Personally I think the touch screen needs more development. A nice touch ( excuse the pun) is being able to add client graphics.

My 144 was a ex Aunty Daisy I ripped out for a M2000.

A little hint for any Big Gals out there, disable the Authour code. It allows a code 3 to be sent and then disables the system. Honeywell are now aware of this and have changed the programming and manuls to suit.
This has been mentioned on trade sites and is now general knowledge.

Getting a pro in and wiring it ourselves are still open option. Part P does not apply to wiring an alarm, only its power supply.

Part P applies to ALL fixed wiring. There's no special exceptions for alarm panels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back