sticking uPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a flat in a purpose-built block. A couple of years ago, the freeholders fitted uPVC double glazed windows and doors. Since then we have been having trouble with the balcony door sticking. We've had no joy from the managing agents to get this fixed. I suspect that the installers omitted packing pieces and the frame has dropped.

Am I likely to break anything if I remove some frame inserts to check for packing pieces?

Sponsored Links
Wheres the door catching, on the bottom or the side?

If you have flag hinges like these then its easy to do yourself.....

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/results.php?category_id=11&sub_category_id=80&range_id=229

Allen key underneath will lift the door up, good if its catching across the bottom which is common with pvc doors as they settle in.

Or the allen key on the side will pull the door over away from the frame, normally this adjustment is needed on woodgrain coloured doors as they expand in the sun

Good luck ;)

I'll try to adjust the flag hinges first. I'm still worried they might need packing though as the catches no longer catch. Fortunately it is on the 2nd floor, so not too much passing trade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back