To tile or not to tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

I don't know if we should try to tile our bathrooms ourselves or get a professional in. Some people tell us it's very difficult others say it's easy. What do you think? Is this something an amateur can attempt?

Thanks

Iz

Sponsored Links
It will all depend on how able you are at DIY. Some people are able to make a fair job of most things and some people only have to look at a job and it's ruined. If you are quite handy at DIY then you will be ok if you take your time with it and keep checking you are level in all directions. Good preparation , as always , is the key to most jobs and if you get a good step by step guide to cover the basics from either Wickes / B+Q etc it will give you a head start. The average tiler will charge anything between £12 - £18 per square metre and maybe more so it is well worth having a go. Good luck.

Cheers for this! My boyfriend is better at DIY than me but we both are beginners. So far we've managed quite well on our own but the tiling was a bit daunting. We may give it a go!

Iz

Sponsored Links
pardon me for saying so, but you could always try tiling a large bit of mdf with the cheapest tiles you can get, but no cheating, screw it to a wall to make it vertical (horizontal on the floor is too easy)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back