Danfoss TP5000 Si - RF + RX1 & glowowrm 24cxi wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right after my mate (so called apprentice sparky) blew my 230v control interface pcb by connecting the low voltage controls in effect to the mains power i have ordered a new pcb HOPEFULLY this is all the damage it did

once i receive the pcb and replace it im am looking for help wiring it up

now the boiler and thermostat are in the title how would i go about this

the terminals on the thermostat are

N L 1 2(COM) 3(ZONE 1 ON) 4 (ZONE 1 OFF)

the boiler has the 2 linked terminal on the low voltage connectors and a terminal on the mains controls on the pcb for room thermostat

it says in the thermostat manual not to connect the earth and neutral

so how would i go about wiring this i know its prob simple for you guys and am competants with it just need to make sure on the wiring b4 i do it dont want to blow the pcb again

heres from the boiler manual

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsored Links
the terminals on the thermostat are

N L 1 2(COM) 3(ZONE 1 ON) 4 (ZONE 1 OFF)

the boiler has the 2 linked terminal on the low voltage connectors and a terminal on the mains controls on the pcb for room thermostat
1. Leave the low voltage link in place
2. Connect power to RX1/L and RX1/N
3. Link RX1/L to RX1/2
4. Connect RX1/3 to boiler room stat terminal 2.

Thanks very muchh I have the jist of that

Although u say leave the link in place is that correct even though the boiler instructions say to unlink?

Although u say leave the link in place is that correct even though the boiler instructions say to unlink?
They are confusing. :confused:

I suggest you remove the link and see if the boiler works. If it doesn't, you will know that the link is required.

Sponsored Links
Cheers pal I will have a go just need to find the pcb and wait for it to be delivered before I can have any heatig which is a pain unless there is a way to bypass it for a couple of days

try a link between 1 + 2 on controls board. you might be lucky and only blown the low voltage side of board. be careful its 240v . if it works you wont need a new board. d hailsham is wrong ,low voltage link needs removing when fitting 240 controls or it will run 24/7.

Ill give it a try how do I no which one is connection 1 and 2 to like together to try

with front flipped down and looking down on it 1 is bottom,2 is middle.

Thanks again sorry about all the questions

One final thing the linking you talk about
Is this done so I'm able to control the heating via the thermostat? Which if works just means the dials are dead on the interface but will work with the thermostat

the link is a temporary measure to get your heating on if you havent totally fried the board.if it works then you will have to switch it on and off on the heating stat control on the front panel or clock. all you are doing is taking 240 out of 1 and putting it in 2 ,which is where you should be putting your "on" wire from the rx1 when you have wired it up properly.put the link in and see if it works, if doesnt then you know the boards buggered

Well I linked the 2 and still nothing so I gather the board done for

Is it just a case of replacing it or could it have damaged something elswhere?

you may have goosed the main board as well. might be worth a call to glowworm or bg for fixed price repair.

I hope not as the main board is rather expensive!!!

Iv had a good look at the main board and everything looks fine no blown solder or blown resistors/fuses I'm really hoping well praying that its just the control pcb

What's the chances of the main board being shot if it looks like new? As in everything looks fine is there a way I could test it?

I hope not as the main board is rather expensive!!! it is

Iv had a good look at the main board and everything looks fine no blown solder or blown resistors/fuses I'm really hoping well praying that its just the control pcbit won't be

What's the chances of the main board being shot if it looks like new? 100% As in everything looks fine is there a way I could test it? post it away to some place who do boards

Buy a couple of hot water bottles or use plastic juice bottles to keep yourself warm in the meantime as you still have hot water.

Could be worse it is minus 3 up here tonight.

Right then to wire it into the new board

The RX1 has volt free connections and the boiler has a place for this so use them.
Take the L & N from the boiler to the RX1 L & N
Take 2 wires from the volt free connections on the boiler (remove the link) to 2 & 3 on the RX1. Don't fit any links in the RX1.
Put the batteries in the TP5000
That is it.

Unfortunately you had to learn the hard way.

I would remove the link and connect voltage free contacts of the reciever to this. The relay in the reciever acts as the link that you are removing in the boiler. Connect Rx1 2 and 3 to points that are linked in the boiler.

Do NOT connect mains to 2 or 3 in RX1. To recap, the link in the boiler is removed to allow Rx1 to act as the voltage free link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back