Shower running cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower has recently started running cold water,it was fine until 2 week ago and it just started flowing with cold water.Any ideas what is stopping the water getting hot.

Sponsored Links
The shower is just a bar with on/off knob at one end and temp control at the other,i removed the temp knob and manually turned it to hottest temp but no difference.I have an ideal isar boiler (rubbish i know)and live in a ground floor flat.What else do you need please.

Sponsored Links
Is it only the shower that is cold? if so then it could be the thermstatic cartridge.
Have you checked all valves are on and that the hot filter into the valve is not blocked.

Bodd

The water is hot everywhere else,the boiler is working fine and is the correct pressure,the shower just stopped giving hot water

try running the shower without the showerhead on the pipe, if it runs hot then its an indication that the flow through the shower is not sufficient to turn the boiler on.

No difference with no shower head and the boiler was heating up DHW when shower was on.If it is the cartridge what do i do please.

Try turning the hot tap on in the bath, turn the shower on and slowly turn the hot tap off. Does this work ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back