hairfelt pipe lagging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does this product comply to the current building regulations (2002) for domestic new build. L1 points to BS5422:2001 and the tables in there show thicknesses that hairfelt is not. Finally does anyone know what is the Thermal Conductivity figure for hairfelt

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Why not lag your pipes with the round foam lagging .
Not very expensive and will do the job. :D

BAHCO said:
Why not lag your pipes with the round foam lagging .
Not very expensive and will do the job. :D

that stuff is a joke for heatloss. its only good for wiping your *rse on! just dont flush it afterwards ;)

Sponsored Links
htgeng said:
That stuff is a joke for heatloss. its only good for wiping your *rse on! just dont flush it afterwards ;)

Oh dear. Thats what I used on my pipes. :oops:

htgeng said:
that stuff is a joke for heatloss. its only good for wiping your *rse on! just dont flush it afterwards ;)

Oh? tell us more about the heat loss problem then, I'm interested. Don't bother about the ahhss wiping, it only smears the poo around so it dries out faster.

All it's any good for is putting between pipes and joists to stop noises when the pipes move.
Even 9mm foam is well below Standards on 15mm pipe.

ChrisR said:
All it's any good for is putting between pipes and joists to stop noises when the pipes move.
Even 9mm foam is well below Standards on 15mm pipe.

ive never liked hairfelt lagging. i see it on a lot of jobs and you are right it doesnt meet part L.

Hair felt lagging (Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
has anyone had the experience of catching it with the flame from their blow torch and watching the flame shoot across the attic like a missile?

Kind of gets the old a*se twitching

WaterGeeza said:
Hair felt lagging (Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
has anyone had the experience of catching it with the flame from their blow torch and watching the flame shoot across the attic like a missile?

Kind of gets the old a*se twitching

Many times :LOL: I always spray it with water first :idea:

I only use tubular hair felt in short lengths where pipes cross joists to stop noise, never for insulating purposes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back