best alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having read and re read reviews on alarms i'm still no further forward.
I'm a builder by trade so alarms etc not my area, all I want is a cheap easy fit wired alarm for house, 2door contacts, 2 pir's, control panel bell box siren, I've looked at the honeywell type and it looks over complicated manual is not helpfull, i've seen alarms which plug in to socket on wall which for me is not suitable as kids would pull it out for fun. any help would be the tops.
simple and easy fit, unswitched fused socket already installed when got the house so supply is there ready.
cheers lads, (lasses).

Sponsored Links
Texecom Veritas would be a straightforward reliable alarm panel. Texecom Premier models would be a step up for bigger properties.

Or Cooper Menvier/Scantronic.

M550/9651

All good domestic type panels.

Sponsored Links
Steer clear of the lower end Honeywells.
You will not be able to prograamme the bigger ones as thye come without instructions.
Go for a Texecom premier 24. It is easy enough and will do far more than a Veritas which is a low end DIY model.
Or go for a Cooper Menvier M550
Cooper Scantronic 9551 is also a solid baby panel.

I'll put in a second vote for the texecom veritas. It's ideal for what you want and easy enough to wire and programme.

The texecom premier is a cracking panel but a bit overkill rwally for what you need. They are a bit harder to programme too unless you have the software for your laptop.

Why would you need software to programme it?
I can manually programme a Galaxy Dimension GD520 via a keypad.
That is one of the reasons for a tactile keypad.
Texecom Premiers are just as complex at the higer end too.

Have you also noticed all the requests for help on veritas for battery faults and other conditions. They fill up as much forum space as faulty Yale systems.

Maybe because they're very popular panels. They're all that seem to get fitted in newbuilds these days.

If you can persuade a customer to pay for you to program a Galaxy panel by hand then good for you. Sensible installers would use the software for panels that support it.

Maybe because they're very popular panels. They're all that seem to get fitted in newbuilds these days.

If you can persuade a customer to pay for you to program a Galaxy panel by hand then good for you. Sensible installers would use the software for panels that support it.

Pish

You obviously know little about them then.
Why would you give every engineer a laptop?
Not every panel is going to be connected to a phone line.
You cannot programme in the office and expect it to be correct when on site for lots of reasons.

You talk a lot, don`t know a lot.

And the reason they are fitted so much and badly is because they are a low end panel.
You still playing with Ademco`s in Cali?

Metecal, why you got a fake account???

You been banned from here and have to setup fake accounts.

LOL, europlex got his post de-rated by the fake account.

Sorted that for ya though ;)

Do you guys really not use the software to get the panels set up quicker and with less chance of any errors? It would seem to be the logical thing to do since the cost of a laptop is probably only a couple of hours work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back