ventcroft 8 core cable...suitible for telephone wiring ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got some cable from a guy at work 8 core ventcroft...can anyone confirm that this is more than likely telephone wiring cable and not alarm cable cheers :)

Sponsored Links
If it's stranded wire with solid colour cores it's alarm.

If it's solid wire, twisted into pairs, with stripey coloured cores it's telephone or computer.

If it has purple and other silly colours its a cheap import worth less than the cardboard reel it is wound on :D

Ventcroft website does not appear to have telepone cables.

All appeares to be fire resistant cable.

So the quick answer to you question is NO

Sponsored Links
ok guys cheers this confirms my doubts :) will buy some telephone cable from screwfix..do i need 2 or 3 pair for the slave skts daisy chained from the master socket ?? also got to wire a point for the alarm dialler along the way :)

Dialler should be first device, so it can snatch line and call if triggered,

i am having to extend the bt cable to the living room master skt where broadband wireless hub/router will be..but as it happens the joint that i will make to do this will be bang nxt to the alarm panel & speech dialler ? can i fit a 25mm pvc surfacebox and use this as a telephone skt to pick up the dialler wiring ? cheers as im confused now but have little time left as the boards will be going back down soon and walls plastered cheers alarm any suggestions :confused:

Imagine the incoming line, hook that into the panel with a BB filter.Then take the line anywhere you want. From the output. So line in AB in Line out AB out.

Remember REN values, 4 is the max.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back