High Protective Currents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the logic behind this section of the regs? I know that high protective conductor currents may exist but...

Doubling up protective conductors but having them in separate terminals, etc.
Min. 10mm2 earth in some instances.

baffled.com

Sponsored Links
Not me - all the people who wilfully refused to read plain English because it did not agree with their erroneous and clearly illogical and inconsistent preconceived ideas.

Sponsored Links
Then there were those that read the guidance on the matter from multiple sources and used these to aid in interpreting the IEE Regs, including sources such as the IEE on site guide, IEE guidance notes, NICEIC publications, IEE wiring matters to name a few.
I thought there were two threads knocking on 20 odd pages tho :LOL:

Then there were those that read the guidance on the matter from multiple sources and used these to aid in interpreting the IEE Regs,
Do you mean those who read documents which were not, were not meant to be, and which contradicted, regulations which needed no "interpretation" because they are perfectly clear and understandable and consistent as long as you look only at what they actually say and forget trying to make what they say conform to preconceived mistaken beliefs about what they mean? Such beliefs probably having been engendered by reading other publications written by people who wilfully refused to read, in a logoical and consistent way, what the regulations actually say.

including sources such as the IEE on site guide, IEE guidance notes, NICEIC publications, IEE wiring matters to name a few.
None of which are official statements of British Standards, none of which have the status of making British Standards, none of which have the status of amending British Standards and some of which have disclaimers about their accuracy and reliability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back