Fabric cond drains away immediately

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I put fabric conditioner into my Hotpoint Aquarius, it immediately disappears/drains away - all of it! This has only recently started to happen. Everything was working fine until about a week ago. Can anyone help? NB I remove and clean the dispenser drawer and its 'slot/hole' in the machine every two weeks, so I don't think it can be becuase anything is gunked up... :confused:

Sponsored Links
When cleaning out the drawer you may have lost a bit or assembled the conditioner dispenser incorrectly. There are a lot of different Aqarius versions but the earlier ones had a slot in dish insert for the conditioner, with a sort of standpipe inside and a top hat cover. the conditioner can only escape when rinse water raises the level to the top of the standpipe.

Thanks for this - but the dish insert is there. It's weird, isn't it? Any other ideas? (and thanks again). It's a WMA 31, by the way.

take the whole drawer out hold it level and fill the conditioner compartment with water, then see where it comes from, it ma be it has a split

other thing to do first slowly pour water into where the conditioner goes, if it goes out as fast as it goes in, there is a split / leak

Sponsored Links
Well I pulled the tray out & filled the cond slot with water & guess what? It was fine! No running-out or leaking at all. So I put it back in the machine to do a load and all the bloomin’ cond ran out again, virtually at the same time that I was pouring it in. So now I’m wondering if perhaps the machine is on a slight slope or something, and it’s a simple case of gravity! I’m going to experiment with moving it around! Thanks for your help – because of your suggestions, at least I can deduce what ISN’T the problem! :)

Put a spirit level against the front of the machine and make sure it is vertical. The front feet can be screwed out to level it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back