Bosch dishwasher stops at one minute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch SGS56E02GB/35 dishwasher. It cleans badly and hangs when it gets to 1 minute from the end. I have replaced the controller. It appears to heat up at some stage (at least enough to melt the seal on a dishwasher cleaner bottle) but seems pretty cold at the end. Any suggestions gratefully accepted

Sponsored Links
1 minute left on the time usually boils down to the famous "unspecified heating issue". If you have already changed out the pcb there isn't much left to check other than the element (unlikely if it heats sometimes), a wiring/connection issue, or the combo NTC/safety thermostat. My money is on the last one.

Thanks

I've just tried it again and it definately heats up. It manages to empty after a while but fails to fill and rinse.
I've ordered a new NTC thermostat as its only £20 and worth a try but how on earth do I fit it!!. The instantaneous heater with the thermostat on top sits tight up under the wash tub and it looks impossible to get at??? :?:

As far as I remember the last one I changed (& I admit it was a good long while ago) but I think I got it out without a huge undertaking. You will need to take to take off the side plates & angled front strip under the door (it's easier to get to the kick strip if you take off the outer door...6 screws). This should only take you about 10mins. The NTC/safety thermostat is mounted on top of the instantaneous water heater & it has a removable plastic cover on the top of it. When the cover is removed there is a more room to work. But if you find access difficult take out the screws holding the stainless steel tank to the base plate, lie the DW on its back (or side) & carefully lever it away on the the water heater side then wedge a piece of timber in to hold it apart. Avoid removing the base plate completely if you can, sometimes it is difficult to get back in one piece again. A few swear words & a couple of band-aids for bruised knuckles may be required before the job is done. I hope this cures your problem. Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
A cut finger rather than scraped knuckles but the NTC is now in place! Good and bad news. The first run after the fix was perfect. The next time it emptied after the rinse and kept going empty until '1' as before. The next it cycled OK and rinsed OK but still hung at '1'. Overall a great improvemnt as the dishes are getting clean but not a complete success. I may test the flow switch next but if I wreck the machine just at Christmas I may be in trouble.

Before you condem the mc just try a couple of hot washes with White vinegar to clean out the matrix and scale off the heater and the metering pipe. You got nothing to lose.

I second Rocks excellent suggestion. If you already have the kick strip off look for a short ribbed hose on the left hand side between the sump & pressure chamber. If it looks really black bail whatever water you can out of the sump & remove the hose (it has an o-ring connection each end). Give it a good flush out or use a bottle brush. Then try the vinegar.

Hi all
Thanks for all your help but I'm still stuck after 1 month. The pipework is sparkling and the NTC, flow switch and controller are all new -- but still the machine hangs at 1 minute and doesn't cycle/rinse properly. Although it was 'fun' to have a look and see how the machine works I have now given up and ordered a new machine. :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back