Zanussi WJS1397J Noisy spinner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Zanussi WJS1397J (washer dryer 3-4 years old) and its been getting increasingly noisy during fast spinning. It sounds very much like a bearing is very dry and on its way out.

Does anyone know if the drum bearing might be at fault and whether they can be replaced. I have been told I need a new drum and thats costs lots.

When as run the drum round by hand you can hear the bearing rumbling and their is a little movment in the bearing too when I move the drum back and forward.

So I guess its the bearing. Can it be replaced and what else would I need to do so.

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can buy a bearing kit for this and you sometimes also need the spider, the part that bolts onto the inner drum and has the drum spindle in its centre. It is a major repair as you need to remove and dismantle the drum assembly to get at the bearings. Some engineers replace the rear half drum, complete with bearings but as you say, this is easier but a more expensive option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back