Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a standard that states the hot tap should be on the left and the cold tap on the right

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Doesn`t make any odds, if you plumb the hot pipes into the tap that says cold & vice versa, you can normally change the top of your taps by unscrewing the Hot/Cold sign & swapping them around. ( to Cold/Hot). No law as far as I know. Been to loads of people`s houses & they can`t get any hot water, cos their boiler doesn`t work when they turn the hot water on. Guess what.. they are turning on the cold water tap that has been mistakenly labelled as Hot water......whatever.. we`re not all perfect...... except me....

Cold on the right is standard so blind people dont burn themselves, some cowboys and DIYers get it the wrong way round.

Sorry PTYLER but from your post I took it that you were a sighted person. If that`s not the case then your screen is obviously in Braille, let`s put it this way then, IF you can SEE YOUR TAPS, it doesn`t make any odds, IF you cannot SEE YOUR TAPS, or you are plumbing in taps for someone who is UNABLE TO SEE THEIR taps, follow the rest of the advice posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back