How to adjust water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick question for yous lads, had a combi system put in 3 yrs ago, prior to that i had economy 7, my flow rate in the house was really good and supplied a good rate to my outside tap for the hose, since the combi was installed my pressure has dropped drastically, i located the main tap outside my gate and opened this up, it made no difference to water flow at all, is there another tap somewhere in the vicinity or is it illegal to do it yourself

Thanks lads

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Maybe your outside garden tap has an isolating valve that restricts the flow? No good if you use a pressure washer....
The Toby outside your gate is very sensitive to movement as its On / Off movement is only 90 degrees - when I fiddle with these I like to be able to see a running tap so I can see whats happening.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Maybe your outside garden tap has an isolating valve that restricts the flow? No good if you use a pressure washer....
The Toby outside your gate is very sensitive to movement as its On / Off movement is only 90 degrees - when I fiddle with these I like to be able to see a running tap so I can see whats happening.

i put the outside tap in myself so defo no isolating valve

i had the hose pipe running right beside me as i turned the outside stopcock ( what you call a toby) the only difference it would make was to turn the water off or down, did not give extra pressure, which is why i wondered if there was a main 1 somewhere else.Reason being, my house is council, next door is private so council didnt touch their water at all and they now dont have the same pressure at outside tap as we both had

Jimmy

Ask the water supplier, I expect they have turned the pressure down, possibly to avoid wasting water with too many leaks to sort.

Dunno Jimmy, unless there are other properties now drawing their water from this underground pipe.
Can't see any connection at all by having a combi fitted unless there's a hidden stopcock somewhere. Doubt it though.

Dunno Jimmy, unless there are other properties now drawing their water from this underground pipe.
Can't see any connection at all by having a combi fitted unless there's a hidden stopcock somewhere. Doubt it though.

The clue is here Burnerman :LOL:

next door is private so council didnt touch their water at all and they now dont have the same pressure at outside tap as we both had

there has to be something John, it cannot be coincidence that next doors was untouched but they have lost pressure as well. All our houses have those little stop cocks outside the gates. I actually had to break concrete away from around mine, at arms depth to get to the tap.
I just though that the fire brigade would not be able to use the pressure we have, so there must be a mains that leads to our external stopcock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back