Wastes for shower-baths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the thing.

When I have a shower in my shower-bath, I occasionally stub my toe on the pop-up waste. Alternatively I stand on it and the shower-bath slowls fills up with water...

Has anybody actually made a shower-bath waste that sits flush with the base of the bath when it's open?

If not, seems like an excellent product idea to me!

Sponsored Links
would probably involve more "stuff" below the base of the bath of which there usually isnt the room. Next time get the waste put the opposite end to where you stand. Simples!

Sponsored Links
Errr...plug and chain?

Yup - might come to that. The plug tends to scratch the bath a bit over time as it gets thrown around and the kids 'love' playing with the chain until it inevitably snaps....

Oh - and it's not exactly a modern look is it?

would probably involve more "stuff" below the base of the bath of which there usually isnt the room. Next time get the waste put the opposite end to where you stand. Simples!

I'm no engineer, but most pop-up wastes only come up 10mm or so, so you would be adding, maybe 15mm total to the depth of the waste?
Would that be a problem in most installations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back