Fuel prices........what can we do??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
University fees rise and students are marching and some smashing up the place.

In france they want to raise the retirement age and they all strike and march.

They slowly creep up the price of fuel which in turn pushes up the price of everything else and what does everyone do???

My poor van is so thirsty?

Sponsored Links
Fuel prices, we are captive consumers, if you want the fuel then you have to pay the price, and all the other increases that the rise in fuel prices brings.
No amount of boycotting will change that, we are on a downward spiral, I can't see any immediate answer to this situation.

Wotan

Like I said in a previous post we have had the best of it and it will now get very bad indeed. Glad I got shot of the £x£ petrol guzzler.

Like when something is old, worn-out and irreparable. Like England.

The fu.king, fu.kers, fu.ked. :(

Having said that I'm doing all right now and can watch it all collapse. :)

Does anybody want a to buy a spare Bungalow. :)

There is nothing you can do about the cost of fuel. Use red diesel like I do.

Sponsored Links
Bikes should be banned. How one cyclist getting in the way of a thousand cars and making them brake and swerve is considered green is a mystery to me. :evil:

i've been driving diesels for years and never once been dipped..........
but i wouldn't take the chance.

i was seriously looking for a petrol panel van with an lpg conversion, but who knows how long it will be before the gov.uk decide to raise the duty on lpg.

besides, petrol vans seemed to become obsolete since the common rail diesels took off.

oil is about $90 a barrel, it's up to opec what happens next - interestingly, iraq plan to equal saudi in production in the next few years - what does that mean for opec? should be interesting :)

what's wrong with you lot? diesel is about £1.20 per litre... so 60p per pint? Whereas beer is £3.00 a pint!!!! where 's the problem? :eek:

what's wrong with you lot? diesel is about £1.20 per litre... so 60p per pint? Whereas beer is £3.00 a pint!!!! where 's the problem? :eek:

Someone's not been to a petrol station recently, you must be driving something very frugal to think diesel is still £1.20! ;)

I filled up the other day, petrol @ £1.28 or so per litre. Seeing diesel at over £1.30 made me realise just how expensive fuel is getting, so I'm trying an experiment to see if I can actually get better mpg with lower revs, keeping it at 70 on the motorways etc.

It's too early to see if my mpg has improved, but one early positive is that you find far fewer people get in your way when you're doing 60-70 than when you're not. Makes for a less stressful driving experience, on the whole.

(cue shouts of "but you shouldn't be doing more than 70 anyway!")

On the continent, they get 99 ron fuel, for less than we pay for 95 ron fuel. And it has gone up more, so what a rip off. The people blockaded the refineries long before the price reached this price, where are they now? The stiff upper lip? Done a deal? All hell should be kicking off. I'd have expected civil war far belong now. But everyone say, Oh but I am so British, I must conform.

Sorry guys, its a case of pay up and shut up. There is FA we can do about the cost of fuel.

A certain working mens' club in NE Birmingham sells beer at £1.99 a pint.
And it's a good pint too.
Sadly, I only go once a week and have to drive all or part of the way.

Sponsored Links
Back