The famous leaky soapdraw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Guys
Need some help! Have had our UK bought Hotpoint WD62 (washer dryer) for several years. Been in Australia for just over 1. It had developed a leak and I stripped down the area where it was leaking from and resealed. All ok except now i get water leaking from the soap draw when it initially fills. Have read the posts and have checked levels, have stripped off the main pipe from the soap dispenser to the drum to check for blocks. Not sure about the WD40 fix (how will this help?). I\\\'ve run out of ideas. All looks like it should be. Note I did remove the soap drawer pipes to access the area that was leaking, so the solution is staring at me. Being in australia, no washing machine repairman will touch the machine because its a UK Hotpoint . :cry:

Can any one give me any more ideas? Is it possible to get a maintenance manual for the devices. Many thanks Nick.

Sponsored Links
i have seen this happen more than once, that, hp brought out a kit to stop it.
with out the kit there is not a lot you can do :(

Bugger!

Thanks for the reply. seems strange that this has started happening after 8 years just because I took the hot and cold water pipes off that went to the soap drawer. Ive been playing with this all afteroon and i can fill the machine with water (& no liquid detergent in soap drawer) and it doesn't leak. However if i fill the machine with water and liquid detergent insoap drawer, it leaks!!!.But WHY???????

Whats so frustrating, is the fact that the only solution for me here is to buy a new one, and trust me, in the land of sunshine and beaches :cool: , there're no cheaper than blighty! :(

Sponsored Links
There are various options for putting powder, liquid or washing tablets direct into the drum. You could also try partially turning off your taps that supply water to the machine. I dare say you will struggle getting carbon brushes, door seals etc when you need them though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back