Baxi 552 back boiler - pilot light goes out after B.G, servi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
My yearly service was last Wed 19th. A young man & his assessor did the job ( over 2 Hrs )
I hadn't had any problem with pilot light at all, up until then. The pilot light went out 1 1/2 day later. I called B.G. & they came out 2 days later, despite having no heat or hot water. He re-light pilot light & stayed a while to make sure it was o.k. The next time the pilot light went out was Thurs & now ( Sat ). I can't help thinking it's something B.G. has cause while servicing, as it worked perfectly o.k. prior to the service.
Shortly after the last service, we had to call B.G. back out for a noise while the boiler was in its cycle. The pressure had been set to high from the service. Could this pilot light fault, also have been caused by the servicing by B.G.?
Regards SD

Sponsored Links
There are only 2 things that can cause this problem, the first is the thermocoupling which should have been replaced when doing the service, and the second is the gas valve solenoid in which case you might as well replace the complete valve.

These item can go at any time :eek:

Faults occur and services are carried out. It is inevitable that somewhere these events will occur at roughly the same time, ie a coincidence.

Are you on the "all in the cost plan"? If so, they have no excuse. The obvious solution is to replace the thermocouple and injector, as it is a minimal cost. It could also be a dodgy gas valve, but it is more rare.

There may have been a loose connection on the tc to gas valve junction that has now been disturbed. He could have adjusted the gas rate to the pilot burner, so it is too small.

Is the flame burning nice, strong and bule or floppy and yellow?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back