Baxi Combi 105e - No hot water, but heating ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone please help..?

My boiler in the last few weeks has stopped distributing hot water, and when the hot water tap is turned on the neon light dosent glow on the front display as it should, either does the boiler fire up when the hot tap is turned on. The only way I can appear to get hot water is when the heating is switched on, then all the lights glow (except hot water) with everything appearing to work fine bar the hot water.

Does anyone know whats wrong, is this a simple thing to fix myself, or do I need a plumber / heating engineer..?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
usual symptom of the dhw diaphragm worn, can be diy depending on how capable you are.

Fitted one of these myself recently...kit is about £10 delivered. Your installation and comissioning manual (came withe the boiler) even tells you how to do it.
Make sure you clean the pin which activates the diaphram as if this is sticking it can cause the same symptoms.

1. Turn off mains and open a hot tap.
2. Undo the screw securing the microswitch bracket to the valve.
3. Disconnect the front sensing pipe.
4. To examine the diaphragm carefully remove the six screws of the diaphragm housing. The diaphragm spring will force apart the two halves of the valve - so be ready!
6. Remove the plastic disc and pushrod assembly. Carefully examine the diaphragm and replace it if there is any damage.
7. Reassemble in reverse order.
8. Close the hot tap, turn on the mains & check for leaks.

In the repair kit, you will get a stuffing box (with metal washer) and an 'o' ring (as well as the diaphragm). Replace these at the same time.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the responses guys.

You mention repair kit, where do i obtain this..?

allwest197 - Are you able to advise what I need to purchase..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back