Putting carpet back... how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a small flood in my bathroom. The water ran over the surface of the flooring and into the hallway (which is carpetted). I pulled the carpet up to stop it getting wet (which it didn't).

However, now that all that is sorted, I need to put the carpet back down. There is a brass rail in the doorway of the bathroom so that the carpet looks neat and edges nicely to the flooring. No matter how much I've tried - how do you put the edge of the carpet back into one of those rails? :cry:

I'm a bit reluctant to call out the carpet fitter just to re-fit it - but can't see any alternative at the moment.

Sponsored Links
blunt bolster chiesel, and no i am not joking.

there is how ever a knack and some times a knee kicker required, best call carpet fitter if you are unsure, call and "offer a drink" if it is just the standard door width and you have just pulled it say a foot back , it will be very quick to put back, so long as you havent damaged anything

you need a carpet kicker...or a carpet fitter.
But if its a wool mix carpet then it may have actually shrunk slightly in the flood...then you need your insurance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back