Outdoor Aerial Instalation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a sometimes DIY guy. In other words I avoid it if possible. However, I've recently purchased an outdoor aerial for my house as it was seriously lacking, and I want my Freeview. Now I don't want to have to put it on the roof as I'm careless enough on the ground. Couldn't I just attach it to the drain pipe a bit lower down or something? Otherwise it will set me back around £50 just to get some guy to come and do it for me, and the aerial cost enough as it is. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Depends on your signal. By all means stand outside holding it at ground level and see if it works.

I can't get *any* decent freeview signal so have been forced down the freesat route since digital changeover.

I'd say try mounting it in the loft as a first attempt. If that doesn't work you will probably need to get it up above the roof line.

Height is important for terrestrial aerials to minimise the impact of other nearby buildings.

Sponsored Links
Someone is going to drive out with all the gear, then clamber about at height risking life and limb, all for £50? Sounds cheap to me.....a no-brainer in fact. I guess we all have different ideas of value

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back