Thermostatic Shower - Coming out cold when turned to hot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Installed a new shower today, all seemed fine until I tried it out, turned it to hot and cold comes out, turned it to cold and hot comes out.

The plumbing is fine - the hot and cold definately aren't around the wrong way!

I have tried to remove the thermostat as someone suggested it might be around the wrong way, but the thread for the thermostat only allows it to go in one way, IE only has one end and not two.

The shower model is here:

http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/INSTRUC. PDF-1043319-D1.PDF

Any ideas really appreciated as this is really doing my head in!!!

Thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
can only be plumbed wrong.
hot on left, cold on right looking at shower head on.

or you have the mixer upside down.

I have just re-checked the inputs and both are definately correct. I tried changing them over and if I do that, its either scolding or freezing, ie its not mixing which definately means its plumbed wrong.

If the unit is around the wrong way, inputs would still be the same way as marked and, unless I am being stupid, if i turn the entire unit clockwise 180 degrees, it will still be the same plumbing (marked on the unit hot/cold) and the knob used to change the temperature would still go in the same direction and therefore still have the same problem?!?!?

Anyone else got any ideas?

I have just re-checked the inputs and both are definately correct. I tried changing them over and if I do that, its either scolding or freezing, ie its not mixing which definately means its plumbed wrong.
as said it would give fluctuating temps. and you've checked the H, C position.

If the unit is around the wrong way, inputs would still be the same way as marked and, unless I am being stupid, if i turn the entire unit clockwise 180 degrees, it will still be the same plumbing (marked on the unit hot/cold) and the knob used to change the temperature would still go in the same direction and therefore still have the same problem?!?!?

how will it turning 180 degrees will put the H, C on the oppersite side, not stay the same side.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I dont really understand what you are saying now...

Everyone knows hot goes on the left, if I rotate 180 degrees (knobs still on the front), this will put the hot on the wrong side. I fail to see how this will help?

The direction you turn the knob (and ultimately turn the stat) will be the same.

We have already established that if the pipes are on the wrong side, it wont work, so the plumbing will be the same just the unit will be upside down with the same problem.

Can you ellaborate more?

Everyone knows hot goes on the left
do they you'll be quite surprised.
and you know cause you have the instructions.

if I rotate 180 degrees (knobs still on the front), this will put the hot on the wrong side. I fail to see how this will help?

yes it willbe on the wrong side. thats why i said have you put it in upside down in the first post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back