Replacement oven door glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stoves Newhome EL706 double oven - the inner glass on the doors slides in and out for easy cleaning.

The inner glass on the top oven has gone - before i moved in - i have gone to the official web site for Stoves Newhome and they are unable to help me find a replacement.

Any ideas where i can get a replacement? I dont think it is a part that is any longer avaiable to buy any suggestions of somewhere i may get replacement glass cut to fit in the Swindon, Wiltshire area?

I can still use the top oven as an oven but its not really safe because the door now gets extremely hot.

Sponsored Links
Does your top oven radiate the heat downwards from the top of the upper compartment. If so it is a grill & not a second oven & was never manufactured with a removable door screen the same as the main oven was. In fact it should not be used with the door closed for any length of time due to, as you have already noticed, it becomes ecessively hot. The upper section does not have a cooling fan the same as the main oven either.

Hi JJ4091, thanks for the reply JJ4091 i have just looked at the oven - the dial for the top is called "top oven" with the other being called "fan oven" both dials have temperatures of up to 240 - with top oven having additional diagrams after the temperatures for either top heat, bottom heat or grill.

when i turn the top on it does have a fanning noise there is also a groove in the door exactly the same as the bottom door for the glass to go.

i have slipped out the inner glass from the bottom door and put it into the groove on the top door except for it being higher than door it slips in fine.

does this sound as tho the top one is just a grill???

Not sure about the controls, but the doors do have runners for a glass although there was never one fitted. As I tried to say previously if the element is in the top of the compartment then I am pretty sure it should only be used for grilling or as a plate warmer when the main oven is on but the top one off. Sorry but I have not been able to find a user guide for that model that you could download.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks JJ, might explain why i cant find a replacement!!! dont suppose you understand dishwashers do you?

have put on a post asking how to look for blockages in the pipes!!!! Not got any replies so far :cry:

Hi thanks, yeah i did get in touch with them but just drew a blank which makes me think it is a part they no longer make. Which is why i was looking along the lines of getting a piece cut but didnt know if it was that easy to get "oven door" glass cut to size - it would need to be made safe round the edges so that it didnt cut when you take it out to clean.

You cannot cut safety glass.
You could always go to your local council tip, where old cookers will be, you never know you may find one.

This oven must be very old, if the manufacture dosnt have replacement glass.

Toughened glass is cut to the reqired size & then toughened, you can get it with or without polished(rounded) edges from any good glaziers, but it will be expensive & my guess is that the reson it was not supplied is that there is a danger of it shattering with the heat source being so close to it. Think you would be wasting your money but the decision is yours.

Thanks JJ,

think i will take your advice and leave it as it is - seeing as its only a rented house dont want to be spending too much money there.

Thanks everyone for your advice and help. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back