worscester 35 cdi i can smell inhibitor in the dhw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any body help. i can smell inhibitor in the domestic hot water. I have changed the plate heat exchanger. But does not work, l can still smell inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
You changed the plate heat exchanger because of the smell?

I assume you smelt the mains cold water and it doesn't smell?

The only water system water would go to the mains side is if it was higher pressure, which it isn't.

yes i changed the plate heat exchanger for the smell bcoz cant smell inhibitor in the cold main.

Ju-ju is Nigerian black magic!

That will be whats causing this because under any normal conditions that cannot happen unless the plate hE is leaking.

Is this a windup? What kind of inhibitor is this and what does it smell like?

The X100 I prefer has no smell for me.

You can add water tracing dye to the heating system and look for this in the DHW.

Tony

Sponsored Links
lol.
Got to know what my nick name meaans. learnt something. sorry its not a wind up, ive spent £85.00 to buy the p/h/exchanger. while not working taking time off for sick dad.
what tracing paper where can i get it.
Sorry if u are getting wound up.
Thanks any way for taking time to reply.

Not tracing paper :) Tracing dye. It is a strong colouring that you add to your radiators. If water comes out of your hot tap then your plate is indeed leaking. If not then the smell is coming from somewhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back