Connecting a 230v to a relay for access system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 230v smoke alarm, and i need to connect it to a access system so that if it goes off, the doors release.

How do i wire or connect that/?

thanks

Sponsored Links
You would need a detector patress box with a relay in it. It secures to the ceiling and the actual detector secures into it. Do you have that?

Most of the relays contacts are not rated for much load so I always buffer with a contactor.

Are you using a mains interlinked system?

Public building?
Multi occupancy?

If you dont know what your doing get in a propper fire company to cert this all off.

Sponsored Links
Couldn't agree more.

ravb - you clearly don't know what you're doing or you wouldn't be having to ask on a DIY forum how to do it.

The implications of you screwing up a fire safety system are too dreadful to contemplate, and since it's so unlikely as to be OK to ignore, the chances of you needing a fire-alarm linked door release system in your own home are zero, so it'll probably be against the law for you to blunder about with this.

Give it a miss - let someone competent do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back