New Water Service Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I am going to get a new service pipe installed in April but wanted to get quotes as the only place i can find locally is a company that do it via molling method.
I want to post this job on my builder website but what should i post this as ground work or plumbing?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
If I was looking to replace a main water pipe I would be looking for a Plumber in the first instance. If ground work is required and he couldn't handle it himself I am sure he will know a reputable builder that he has worked with before and will carry out that part for him.

Your water supplier may have a list of local contractors they use for that type of work.

Most " plumbers" are now prima donna RGI gas boys :rolleyes: . That dig/install is the sort of thing I used to do - but have a look @ the price of Blue MDPE pipe - cheap as chips . I`d advertise for a good groundworker/ digger and do the connections yourself :idea:

Sponsored Links
Hi there
I have been looking at this now connecting into my current supply in the house is easy and i have two brothers that will happily dig the trench
I recently have my water stop tape changed for a meter and the lid in about 2 inches from the boundry line so i could get to it underneath without touching the road.

My question is the fitting that goes onto the water meter is that standard or will they have put in some blue pipe into my boundry so i can tap onto that rather than the iron old pipe if they have left it???

Is it a good idea to have two peices of blue pipe joined together underground with a fitting??

Thanks

Don't bother posting on My Mickey Mouse Builder, or any other such nonsense. Just ask friends, colleagues or neighbours to recommend plumbers. Get two or three quotes.

If you can get the trench dug, then you have saved a major part of the cost. Its's basic plumbing. Just get the plumber to run the MDPE pipe out to the water co.'s pavement tap, and then get the water co. to do the final connection.

Hi there
IMy question is the fitting that goes onto the water meter is that standard or will they have put in some blue pipe into my boundry so i can tap onto that rather than the iron old pipe if they have left it???

Is it a good idea to have two peices of blue pipe joined together underground with a fitting??

Thanks
I honestly don`t know - they will do a connection ad hoc ;) just dig out and also look down the new tube they`ll have fitted to shroud the tap - maybe take photos and post here :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back