dead suprima 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a totally inert boiler. no lights, nothing. no other power problems elsewhere and gas supply ok. Do these things have internal fuses? where do I look? read here a lot about pcb's failing. where is it located on a suprima 40? anything else to check?

all/any advice gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
First thing to find out is how far the electrics get, could just be an motorised valve or room stat, even the programmer

If you had a volt meter and were competent to use it then the first place to check is the supply to the boiler on the chocolate block. Next place is the call for heat terminal and last the output to the pump if the boiler has been correctly wired.

However, dont try to do things which you are not competent to do. You might electrocute yourself! Call a professional to do it for you!

Tony Glazier

check the fused spur :idea:

p1434523_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
check the fused spur :idea:

p1434523_l.jpg

:D :D :D

cheers mate - saved me £75 plumber call out!! remind me to buy you a pint if I see you in a pub. :LOL:

never knew I had a fused spur until this morning......

power of the wobbly web rules again.

It is not a plumber that gets called for boiler repairs. Call a heating engineer when the boiler is broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back