Anti mould silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to buy some of this. A quick google has suggested many brands, and prices. I was hoping that someone could please point me towards a good one? It is for replacing some silicon on a window frame that has gone mouldy due to damp (it's quite a damp flat so it's important that it is actually anti-mould).

Any help appreciated,

cheers

gubar

Sponsored Links
Look for stuff with 'microban' in it. Toolstation has some - and it does work

Sponsored Links
These silicones are really sticky, the toolstation catalogue also do 'forever white' silicone which is a bit cheaper but just as good, it has microban in it and provided you keep it clean has a 10 year guarantee against black mould.

plumbers gold is good. It all depends on condensation and chemicals used on the products that determin how quick it goes off colour. Some shampoos have chems that effect the colour of sealants more compared to others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back