Connecting a fixed shower head to electric shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'll soon be getting a new shower installed. I've decided to stick with an electric shower but wondered if it would be possible to do away with the shower hose and and use a fixed head usually meant for a mixer shower.

Is this asking for trouble or should it be relatively straight forward?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
changing shower heads on electric showers can cause problems ie some are more resrticted than others so will cause the showers prd to activate.

electric showers are basic showers if you want something with all the mod cons then you should fit say a mixer shower run off your boiler etc.

Thanks for the response,

We have an old style boiler and I rarely take a shower at the same time each day, so keeping water warm enough all the time would almost certainly cost a lot more than running the electric shower when I need it.

I'll speak to my plumber and see what he says to it, but if anyone else has any opinions then send them my way

I doubt you will find a fixed shower head that will perform satisfactorily with the very low flow rate an electric shower can deliver.

A well insulated hot water cylinder should lose very little heat. Once heated it should remain hot for two or three day if no hot water is used.
Any heat lost from the cylinder usually ends up as a contribution to space heating, so it is not totally wasted anyway.

It may be worth adding to the cylinder insulation if that is found wanting, and updating your boiler control system to make the best of your system.

A mixer shower supplied with water heated by a gas boiler is usually more economical than running an electric shower, as the price of gas per kilowatt hour is usually about half the price of electricity.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back