Gravity hot water, pumped heating wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, has anybody out there got a wiring diagram for the above system WITHOUT a 2 port valve and WITHOUT a cylinder stat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's just a back boiler, 3 amp switched supply, pump, room stat and a twin channel timer switched to the gravity mode.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your quick response. My concern is, as there in no cylinder stat how to prevent power getting back to the pump when the programmer is on hot water only?

Thanks for your quick response. My concern is, as there in no cylinder stat how to prevent power getting back to the pump when the programmer is on hot water only?

Circulating pump is fed via switched live from room stat.

Sponsored Links
Yea, sorry didn't spot the CS on the diagram.I'll try to find drawing soon, but meanwhile, try schematically drawing it, it IS simple.

Ok, if I put the pump after the thermostat without the cylinder stat in place, every time the hot water is on the power will go to the pump via the shared terminal for the boiler's switched live. How about if I put the pump before the stat?

My fear with this is if the stat reaches temperature the boiler will turn off but the pump will continue to run until the programmer no longer calls for heat.

Ok, if I put the pump after the thermostat without the cylinder stat in place, every time the hot water is on the power will go to the pump via the shared terminal for the boiler's switched live. How about if I put the pump before the stat?

My fear with this is if the stat reaches temperature the boiler will turn off but the pump will continue to run until the programmer no longer calls for heat.

You're using a 10 channel programmer correct? .....................boiler live is fed via #3 terminal @ programmer (HW).......room stat (common) is fed via #4 terminal @ programmer (heating)................switched live from room stat (#1) feeds circulating pump.

Gotta love hard wired controls , beats wireless hands down. :mrgreen:

99% of the work I do is new installations and I always get a 17th ed sparks in to sort electrics on anything more complicated than a combi. It's just a friend has asked me to take off his Danfoss 3060 and fit a new Drayton programmer. My friend doesn't want to pay and is looking to furnish my already over-flowing draw of thankyous instead! ;)

My programmer has 7 terminals. Live, Neutral, Earth, 1, 2, 3, 4. 3 is hot water on and 4 is heating on.

Correct.................what programmer have you got?.........central heating switch on programmer should only switch with hot water , hot water will be independant switching (10 channel as opposed to 16)

Ok, so I run the switched live from the boiler to terminal 3 and this is the only externally wired connection to the boiler. I then run terminal 4 to the room stat common and then the call from the room stat to the pump so the pump runs until temp is reached? Thanks again for your help guys.

Ok, so I run the switched live from the boiler to terminal 3 and this is the only externally wired connection to the boiler. I then run terminal 4 to the room stat common and then the call from the room stat to the pump so the pump runs until temp is reached? Thanks again for your help guys.

Simples eh.............. :mrgreen: ....good luck.

ps , without the 10 channel boiler will not fire when heating only is called for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back