Novice laminate questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for letting me join this forum!

My living room is 12ft 6 by 13ft 6. How many square meters of laminate flooring should I buy?

The floor currently has a carpet with an underlay. Can I use this underlay for under the laminate or must the laminate have a special new underlay and if so, which brand is good?

What are the best brands of laminate flooring? I have just seen Egger for £7.65 and Balterio for £14.49. I don't want to buy something rubbishy that is going to fall apart in a year, but then again I don't have money to waste.

Is it better to employ a carpet shop to supply and fit, or buy the materials myself and then employ someone to fit it?

There is laminate flooring in another room, and the beading is peeling and dented, and appears to be made of MDF. Clearly, this is not hardwearing enough for beading. What should I buy as beading for the new floor (and to replace the beading on the older floor?) Should I just buy something from B&Q or is there a special kind of beading for use with laminate flooring?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
The area is 3.81m x 4.1m = 15.621 square metres.

I guess you should buy a bit more than that though. Sorry, but I can only help with the maths and not your other questions.

Welcome
You will need the underlay designed for laminate, there are 2 types I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back