Help - Leaking Low Pitch Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

During the harsh winter months my new dining room roof - a low pitch tiled roof - and some areas of my repaired kitchen roof leaked considerably.

At one point, where I had taken a light out of the ceiling prior to artexing it, a gush of water as if a tap had ben turned on came out of the ceiling.

Since the bad weather has subsided so has the leak. guidance from friends so far has suggested that the high amount of rain and the wind caused the water to pool on the roof and rush through the natural crevices in the tiles.

Any points / solutions would be greatly received

Sponsored Links
Type of tiles and pitch of roof would help answer your question.

Apologies for the delay - trawling the internet trying to identify the tiles - my bungalow has those curved overlapping tiles and the pitch at a guess is between 15 - 25 degrees

Apologies for the vagueness - but as you can probably tell this is all new to me

Sponsored Links
Apologies for the delay - trawling the internet trying to identify the tiles - my bungalow has those curved overlapping tiles and the pitch at a guess is between 15 - 25 degrees
90% of tiles are not straight and they all overlap.

Measure the rise of the roof and the going and we will work out the pitch.

Post a picture of the tiles also or seek one on the net and post that.

Don't rule out condensation build-up either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back