another bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i just want a basic fan to work with a switch from outside of the bathroom. Got the fan and wired it up as i would a light (live in to the L and neutral in to the N), but the fan will not work!!! please advise as it is causing great frustration!

Sponsored Links
If there is voltage at the fan then take the fan back to where you bought it for a refund

archie135 said:
i just want a basic fan to work with a switch from outside of the bathroom. Got the fan and wired it up as i would a light (live in to the L and neutral in to the N), but the fan will not work!!! please advise as it is causing great frustration!
If the fan has a built in timer you will need to connect the L to the T (or timer) terminal. This will bypass the timer.

archie135 said:
Got the fan and wired it up as i would a light (live in to the L and neutral in to the N)
Where did you get the live & neutral from?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all

Spark123 - it does have a built in timer. On the fan it has L, N & LS. Do you mean to say that i have to connect L & LS?

if you don't want the timer function connect L and LS together.

if you do wan't the timer function connect L to a permanent live supply and LS to the live coming from the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back