Extract fan - Double glazed window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to install an extract fan in a ground floor flat bathroom. The walls are solid granite so the only place to site it is through the window which is double glazed.
Has anyone had experience of fitting fans through double glazing? Advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I cant see how YOU can do it the glass is sealed to the frame with a vacuum between the glass panels. I would guess that it could be done by the manufacturer, doubt if it would be cheap.

find a supplier that will do you a sealed double glazed unit with a fan hole in it and replace the current one with it.

Sponsored Links
Its not a vacuum man- think about the forces for a few seconds !
Its a dry gas fill, usually nitrogen. Most local industrial estate double glazing merchants have the means to make up a double glazed panel with a hole its not really a DIY job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back