Holes and Marks - Bosch WFL 2450 UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Holes. Was told when I got a repair visit that I shouldn't use 1200 spin speed. Now that 1600 is becoming common is everything torn to shreads or was I duped?
Marks. Same repair man told me to hot wash once a month - worked for a little while until the guarantee ran out.. Now regular re washing required. (no pattern sometimes soon after hot wash - this am whites out spotless - put some handwashed whites in for a rinse immediately after and they came out speckled.)
Was Bosch (or their G'tee repair man) just playing for time with the two answers?

Sponsored Links
some "fine fabrics" really do not like fast spin, i was told that the diference between 1400 spin and above is about (not sure exactly how much) 2% better at getting water out, mostly "super duper" fast spin speeds are a "gimmick" and they often spin at that speed for say 30 seconds Max

A hot wash once a month helps stop build up of detergent sludge caused by modern low temp washes (also I think sludge build up is made worse by modern machines that use very little water - less water to rinse it away with).

On spin speed it's not just down to speed but the length of time spent spinning. The higher speed machines tend only to go to max speed for a short time (is this just so they can market a 1600rpm machine for more money that the nearly identical 1200rpm?), in some cases a lower speed machine with a longer spin cycle will do better.

Personally I tell the other half to use 900rpm and not 1200rpm to save the bearings/motor brushes etc!

Sponsored Links
like i said fine fabrics, those you have mentioned may not be fine quality (no offence intended) but they are fine material

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back