re; 50w ELV dichroic lamps ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what type of light bulb would have the same light output as a 50w ELV dichroic lamp? i.e 230v,not elv. Ta.

Sponsored Links
50w LV dichroic?
Have a look at the Lumen ratings for both the LV and ELV and compare.

Or put another way, would the LIGHT OUTPUT of any other type of light bulb,of a higher wattage (230v),be similar,or the same as,a 50w dichroic Extra Low Voltage?

,be similar,or the same as

In which respect ?

[1] Amount of light,
[2] beam angle,
[3] colour of light (warm white, daylight, soft white and maybe a few others )
[4] strobe effect ( no strobe, 50Hz, high frequency )

and some even more complex dis-similarities.

Sponsored Links
Ok,this is what it comes down to. I have been told that one of these four lamps will give out the same light as the ELV ; a 60w tungsten; 100w halogen; 100w BC or 150w PAR. I have'nt a clue ?.......

Blnfd.... you are asking a question that just cannot be answered without the additional information that bearnard asked for. Furtheremore, lighting is such a subjective issue it is often just down to personal taste.

Even when lighting was measured in watts (now lumens per watt) different types of lamps give out different types of light for the same wattage.

Most ceiling mounted downlights give a very good pool of light (perhaps a metre wide) whereas a 60w pendant mounted light will give you a room full of light.

If you want to hurt you head go to this site:
http://www.lightsearch.com/resources/lightguides/formulas.html

What can i say.Apparenly,this was an exam question.There was no more information given in the question. I guess one of those options must be acceptable or it would'nt have been asked that way. Anyway,i'm not going to lose sleep over it. Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back