Sounder not (really) working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Am installing a Honeywell Accenta Mini G4 and all seems to be going well.

Only using 7 of the 8 zones, and seem to have everything programed correctly. But I have encountered two issues that the Engineers Manual does not seem to address.

The external sounder is set to run for the default time of 15 mins, but when testing with the system set, it only works for about 5 seconds before stopping. The beeper on the RKP on the other hand, continues to work, as does the strobe. What do I set to have it running for the full 15 mins?

The other issue is the exit/entry point. Setting the alarm with the RKP, everything beeps and sets in a bout 30 seconds. But coming in through the front door, activates the alarm, the external sounder runs for about 5 seconds (see above) as does the strobe and internal beeper, until I enter my User Code. The front door is set as the exit/entry point with a 30 second delay on both events, but that does not happen on entry. How do I set and activate a delay?

Many thanks,

Rex

Sponsored Links
check the settings on your panel and the external siren unit.

test again and then re post with results

Oasis

check the bell box most have a 5 second test link it looks like you have not disabled it.

Thanks for your reply. Shortly after posting, I found a similar question and you are probably right; I did not change the 5 second jumper when I installed the sounder.

Seem to recall feeling that I would leave it on 5 seconds for testing but that was some time ago.

When SWMBO is not around, I will shimmy up the ladder. When I have restored it to 15 mins, should this also give me 30 seconds entry without the sound ringing?

Rex

Sponsored Links
hi the entry delay is nothing to do with the sounder have you set ENTRY delay to 30s ? also do you have a pir on the route to the panel ( may even be pointing into the room from another) is this set to entry route or inhibit ? this may be your problem.

Thanks for your reply.

The RKP is beside the front door and immediately above it, pointing into the hallway, is a PIR. This is the one that is activating. I have it set to Entry, mainly because I don't understand what 'Inhibit' actually means (in terms of an alarm. See my question in another thread.)

Should this be set to Inhibit?

Rex

Thanks for your advice. Set to Inhibit and now can enter without the alarm going off.

Rex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back