how do I de-fluff a Hotpoint WD62?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washing machine man has just fitted new on/off switch to my 7 year old washer/dryer. He says the tumble dryer needs de-fluffing, for a fee, so just wondered if this is something I could do myself.

Sponsored Links
is the machine still drying as efficent !!!!! if so i would say that the so called engineer is trying to pull a fast one . Ok you can get a bit of fluff build up in the condenser and a bit in the heater box but in my experience modern day machines ie. WD62 do not suffer from fluff build up as they flush lint etc out of the condenser . if you feel it is not as effient as it used to be then the condenser may be blocked but if so i would as an engineer replace it rather than try to broggle all the fluff out . the only other place really that fluff could really build up is in the filter which is located in the drum outlet pipe at the bottom rear of the tank . Hope this helps
HPT Engineer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back