SALUS RT500RF to connect with Siemens RWB9 - wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie on the scene......

Have a Siemens RWB9 control which does the time switching for both my HW and CH. I want to wire in the Salus 500 so it will demand on temp rather than just time. (Working on assumption that Salus cannot do CH and water?)

Wiring is as I found it on buying the house, with power that can be isolated via an adjacent fused switch.
3 x 3 core cable running to recess box as follows

N - 2xRed
L - 2 xBlack
1 - nil
2 - nil
3 - 1 x Red
4 - 1 x Black
earths are just wired to the recess box. Wiring will need to be separated to leave HW control with Siemens RWB9? Any assist with which wires to separate and reconnect to Salus please?

Would rather ask than experiment??

Boiler is a Potterton Prima1F - getting on a wee bit but serviced every year under contract and still efficient.

Thanks in advance....

Colin

Sponsored Links
Termnal 4 inthe RWB9 is your CH ON, which goes to the room stat currently. The return from the room stat goes to the brown wire on the 2 port CH valve.

Connect the "volt free contacts" of your RF receiver (see its manual) to where the room stat was before, ie 4 and brown, above. The receiver gets its own permament mains supply.
Leave the RWB9 on continuous for CH, then the prog stat will do all the controlling.

Clear?

To take the RWB out of the loop, instead of going from 4, go from permanent live in the RWB, to the receiver. Makes no real difference.

Termnal 4 inthe RWB9 is your CH ON, which goes to the room stat currently. The return from the room stat goes to the brown wire on the 2 port CH valve.

Connect the "volt free contacts" of your RF receiver (see its manual) to where the room stat was before, ie 4 and brown, above. The receiver gets its own permament mains supply.
Leave the RWB9 on continuous for CH, then the prog stat will do all the controlling.

Clear?

To take the RWB out of the loop, instead of going from 4, go from permanent live in the RWB, to the receiver. Makes no real difference.

Chris, Thanks for responding so quickly. There is no room stat currently. Thats what I want to introduce with the Salus RF. Your reference to an existing room stat and the 2 port CH valve is confusing me....sorry...If you can bear with me, will try to keep up.
No brown wires - only black and red. Was concerned I'd have to introduce a second cable between Salus and Siemens but delighted if thats not required. Anything that keeps it simple is good with me.....
Can you try again for me please?
Many Thanks
Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back