TRITON SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a Triniton shower just over a year ago...worked fine for just over the period of guarantee then STOPPED (no longer heats the water) ...no lights to shower come on either....is this one of those ingenious ticking bombs that goes off just after the guarantee runs out or could it be something else?

:(

MOD

title edited ;)

Sponsored Links
Yep...you caught me with that one....Triton Spirit....that better eh?
:oops: :p

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that kev....(and the link)...if the thermal cutout has tripped can it be manualy reset?

:rolleyes:

buy the overheat stat and watch the new one go, marvelous.

the question should be why did the stat go, i suspect heating element furred up, new shower time, still i could be wrong

so you are saying buy heater and overheat stat as spares, i wonder which is chepaer, new shower or same shower as spares

breezer said:
so you are saying buy heater and overheat stat as spares, i wonder which is chepaer, new shower or same shower as spares

i did not sugesst anything of the sort

i just put it forward as a point to consider

I know this is an old forum but for any one that comes along with the same problem you can reset the thermal cut out. Take the sticker off the top and with a very small pilot drill slowly and carefully drill a hole in the center of the plastic top where the sticker was. Be carefull not to go in any deeper than the plastic as the thermal strip is just inside. Once you have drilled the hole push a small nail or pin into the hole and push down until you hear and feel a click. This is the strip being pushed down and reset. Put the sticker or some gaffer tape over the hole and you are good to go! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back