ford fiesta warning light on and later the car is totally of

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please assist, i was driving home from atleast 100km when the car engine warning light eluminated and that stayed on even the following day..later i wanted to check and the car mobiliser is off, i had to use the key to open the door and as for the ignitation the car was dead-nothing comes on the radio, start mode, lights, everything...petrol tank/garge/temperature/speed all dead...

i checked the engine oil, it was think and too dark, as for automatic transmition oil is fine and water level 100%. the car was due for 14000km service..

Sponsored Links
you don't want to tell us which of the warning lamps was on?

I am going to guess. Maybe it was the ignition/charging lamp, and it came on because your alternator was not charging the battery, and you got home on the residual charge.

If you are lucky it is just the alternator drive belt that is broken and can be replaced with a new one.

A bit of advice: if a warning lamp comes on, you are supposed to stop the car, find out what the fault is, and fix it, not carry on driving. You will only make the fault worse and more expensive.

sorry guys the warning light i am refering to is the ENGINE WARNING LIGHT....like i said it came whilst driving and the following day.. the car was dead......nothing works

do you mean your car does not have several warning lights?

for example
engine overheating
oil pressure low
charging voltage low
petrol low
handbrake on
airbags off

If you don't know which light it was, or you only have one light, you had better call a garage to have it towed in for repair

Have you looked at the owners manual?

16032009109.jpg

IMG_6888.jpg

Sponsored Links
the bottom screen-shot will be usefull to indicate what or which warning light was seen whilst driving. The screen noted "rpm 1000" had an engine warning light as refered to in the manual book.

now since the car is not functioning all warning lights as you mentioned no longer shows. like i said the car is off....

is the drive belt still on the alternator?

what happens if you attach jump-leads to the battery?

Back