Accenta alarm fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Im hoping someone can help. I have an Accenta alarm. Not sure what model as it was in my house when I moved in but it must be over 10 years old. The electricity for the whole area went off a few nights ago due to a fault in our area and in turn set my alarm off. This has happened for a few ights now (yes, as luck would have it, its always in the middle of the night when it happens)! Now I cant reset the alarm or do anything with it. The key pad buttons/numbers are lit up but thats it. If I press a button to rest or put my alarm code in, nothing happens. It looks like all the power to it is off. The very small dots at the bottom and the side of the panel that usually show red or green look like they have no power to them. The alarm box outside the house is constattly flashing (blue light). Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I could resole it? Ive tried phoning a couple of alarm people but although they book an appointment they are not turning up!!! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Open panel ( mains present, so isolate first) remove battery ( or see what size it is and go get a new one). If so lid back up and reapply power.

Replace, close lid repower enter code job done.

External bell/sounder should ring when doing this but if your quick enough not to worry.

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean the "stand by" panel that was installed in one of the bedrooms (back up) and not the panel of the key pad? Apologise if I seem a bit slow...Im in my 80s now! Thanks again for the advice.

No battery in the keypad.
Yes the main control panel, could be the bedroom.

Hang on, guys...

It sounds as if the panel has locked out (keypad not responding). If powering down the mains, fitting a new battery and powering up does not get the system functioning, then you will need to reset the system. What you do to do this depends on which panel you have.

If you cannot get the system back to life, take a piccy of the inside of the end station & post it here, then we can examine it to see which version you have and consequently what needs to be done to reset it.

A power down and battery change should do the trick.

Its called a power recycle in other terms.
And a faulty battery generally does this and the NVM does not need to be reset.

Alarm.
thats another name for a watchdog fault!

ADE (phillips electronics) had that engineered into the system to prevent overloading of power supply (i think)

if the battery goes below a certain volt/ah capacity or the external SAB battery goes to kaput,
it locks the panel out.

and as you say by cycling the system, mains off, new battery, mains on it should be ok, but if it don't work, change the external siren unit as well, (of the battery if you can get it apart, and its changeable).

Oasis

Thanks all,
Think it may be a bit too complicated for me now...age does a terrible thing to a man. :confused:
Does anyone know where I can look for an alarm company in my area? Ive tried a couple of numbers but no response.
All advice very much appreciated!

Accenta will recycle.
I thought that power down and battery disconnect reverted Accenta G4 to factory defaults including engineer and operator codes.
Therefore would not a full reset be needed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back