vokera combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can only get hot water if I run the taps very slow, I have changed both diaphragms but still the same. It is also slow to ignite, Any ideas?
:?:

Sponsored Links
The boiler type is a vokera 80SP, don't no what to change next!!!!!!!! :?:

Sponsored Links
does the fan speed up?, may just be the flow switch venturi needs cleaning.

The fan starts o.k not sure that it speeds up but will try the flow switch.
Thanks a lot for the information ;)

If the fan speeds up, then the flow switch is OK as non operation of flow switch will result in fan only turning at slow speed (on SP model).

I would suggest you change nothing but get someone who knows this boiler, to look at it. There is a good chance you will be changing a lot before you get the fault.

I am in Glasgow if that helps. Glasgow is Vokera country.

The thing is DP, the small price I pay for parts may only cover the plumbers v.a.t although I may need him in the end. Thanks for your offer but I'm in Hampshire. Any other ideas would be helpful.

If you send me an email, I can offer advise on what to look at. Advise given on open forum frightenbs me.

There are a few things you can check without spending any cash or touching anything you're not supposed to. The fan is already running slow speed on this model, but what we need to know next is if the spindle makes the microswitch, it's not just the diaphragm that will cause it not to make.

Just finished cleaning the flow switch venturi and over the moon that I can now get hot water on full flow. If any thing the only problem now seems that after reaching about 70 degrees it cuts out until cold or I should say about 40 then starts the burners again. However It is much better.
You guys are great.

Pompy What have you done about the local chalk in the water - Portsmouth is very chalky? Magnets tend to work well and are worth having

probabley some of my problem, although I do use an additive flush when I remember.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back