Beko WMA 510 washing machine leaps and bangs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I say 'leaps' I'm not referring to the problem that some machines have of hovering about, and when I say 'bangs' I'm not talking about persistent banging during the spin cycle. I mean when I put it on to wash, the machine fills up with water and then does nothing for about 15 seconds except make a low purring noise, as though straining to do something - then there is the most almighty BANG!! and with this the entire machine lifts off the floor and lands a good five or six inches away from it's normal resting point. It's quite frightening!

Has it reached the end of the line or is it curable? (I've taken the back off and there is no obvious problem with the belt).

Sponsored Links
Could sound like a motor tacho fault or a pcb issue. Depends how much time & effort you are prepared to put into fixing it. You could start by checking the tacho coil isn't open circuit or there is a broken wire to the motor plug. If there is a break in the tacho coil the motor often tries to go into full spin speed when it should be washing. The same can happen when the speed regulation circuit on the pcb goes haywire. When it happens with water/clothes in the drum the results can be spooky. It can wreck your whole kitchen :eek: You ought to check the drum bearings & spider are ok before considering any other repairs!

Many thanks Zipper.

Actually I'd neglected to mention that this banging and leaping effect is accompanied by a very rapid spin of the drum, which would lend credence to your line of thinking above.

As I have no expertise to speak of, and as it's a very basic machine anyway, I think I'll just have it taken away and pay argos a visit.

'It can wreck your whole kitchen'

I can well believe it!!

Thanks again.

to me is sounds like something is jamming the drum and then it's springing free. could be a number of things but might be worth checking to see if a bra wire or somethingt similar has gone between the inner and outer drum

Sponsored Links
Bra wires (or anything remotely similar) do not cause these symptoms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back