Whirlpool Error Code E 05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Whirlpool AWG 349/4 (1400 electronic) stops after 7 minutes and flashes E 05. Is there somewhere on the web where I can see what error code 05 means please?

Thank you,

Peter.

Sponsored Links
Can you post the 12 digit service number on the door sticker? Is this a washer dryer??

Morning Zipper, thank you for replying.

There are two strings of numbers on my Whirlpool AWG 349/4 1400 electronic:

8537 304 15400
Type 22052

I bought this as part of a complete used kitchen and am just installing the washing machine now. There is a 'Drying' selection on the rotary control and two LED lights saying:

* Dring Cotton
* Drying synth & Delicate

so I guess it's also a dryer! E 05 still flashing and beeping 5 times.

Many thanks,

Peter.

This is a very "uncommon" machine & I can find no valid error tables for it. Since you were not aware it was a washer/dryer you have probably never used the dryer. So I would concentrate on the wash function (or should I say lack of it). Almost all Whirlpool washers showing F05 (or 5 flashes on the start LED) indicate a heater NTC fault as the most likely culprit. A viable starting point would be to check the heater element & NTC resistance with a multimeter. The element should show around 25ish ohms & I seem to remember the NTC should be something like 12k ohms cold. Also check that the wiring & connections to the heater/NTC are intact. Take off the rear panel to access these. Be aware error codes are only a guide & they are sometimes misleading.

Sponsored Links
I will get my Fluke meter out and give this a whirl, and post the results here - thank you very much!

Peter.

Might be a good idea to check the motor brushes while you're at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back